Christian Worldview For Students Volume 1 & 2
Two hardcover books normally retail for $12 each or $24 for both are now available for $5 for both books.
Christian Worldview For Students Vol 1:
TAKE THE 'WHATEVER' OUT OF YOUR NEXT CONVERSATION ABOUT GOD
How many times have you tried a "meaningful" talk with a fellow student only to have it conclude with some version of "Well, whatever"? Or faced a teacher who made you feel like saying it yourself?
Knowing what you think and why not only bolsters your faith, it just might change someone else's life. The Christian viewpoint makes a world of sense on every subject under the sun, but it gets sold short every day-in classes, textbooks, dorm rooms, and casual conversations wherever you go. If you're ready to say "enough of that!" spend the next 30 days upgrading your thoughts on issues you talk over, study through, or wonder about all the time.
In this delightfully readable book, Brannon Howse captures the essence of biblical thinking on 30 subjects you will encounter. Hard facts, clear-headed logic, and relevant observations help you stand firm-within yourself and at the front line with others-on what Christians believe about topics as diverse as:
- Why "that may be true for you but not for me" just won't cut it;
- The unscientific facts about evolution;
- What makes for true sexual freedom;
- The truth about homosexuality as a lifestyle;
- The very God-oriented basis of American freedoms, government, and politics;
- Why Jesus is still the only way despite the obsession with pluralism that surrounds us.
Whether you want to talk to others or just reassure yourself, give this book a read, and give yourself the gift of confidence in a Christian worldview on…well…whatever.
BRANNON HOWSE is founder and president of Worldview Weekend Conferences. Worldview Weekends bring together today's greatest Christian thinkers to teach and encourage believers in the intelligence of our Christian worldview. Brannon is also host of the weekly radio talk show Christian Worldview This Week, the education reporter and frequent host for The Michael Reagan Show, and author of five books including, One Nation Under Man?: The Worldview War Between Christians and the Secular Left.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
THE TRUTH ABOUT TRUTH
1-Is Truth Created by Man or God?
2-Overdosing on Non-Judgmentalism
3-The Consequences of Rejecting Truth
4-The New Absolutes
5-True for Who?
THE REAL AMERICA
6-So You Think You Live in a Democracy?
7-The Worldview Connection to Poverty
8-The Biblical Foundation for Free Enterprise
9-Were America's Founders Deists?
10-Are Capital Punishment and Military Action Biblical?
SCIENCE AND FAITH CAN BE FRIENDS
11-All Issues Are Religious Issues
12-Blind Science: The Humanist's Alternative to Reasonable Faith
13-Noise of (the Evolution) War
14-The Greater the Design the Greater the Designer
15-Is Evolution Scientific?
TOLERANCE, HUMANISM, AND OTHER PHILOSOPHICAL PROBLEMS
16-The Humanist Worldview Breeds Persecution
17-America's Students Denied Freedom of Religion!
18-Does the Postmodernism Worldview Make You Smarter?
19-If There Is no God…
20-Can You Legislate Morality?
WHY CHRISTIANITY HAS THE ANSWERS
21-Is the Bible Authentic?
22-Reading the Bible to Find Out Where to Dig
23-Self-Esteem Just Isn't Enough
24-What Sets Jesus Apart from All Other Religious Leaders?
25-Are All Religions Equal?
SEX AND MORALITY ARE GOOD IN BED TOGETHER
26-Euthanasia and Doctor Assisted Suicide
27-Why Abortion Tears People Apart
28-Are Traditional Morals Relevant Today?
29-Is Homosexuality an Acceptable Way to Live?
30-What Is Sexual Freedom?
Christian Worldview For Students Vol 2.
Survival Kit for the University of Humanism
Glitzy brochures and slick websites that promote many of our universities don't divulge the all-encompassing secular worldview that slashes God from every equation and consumes ill-prepared students. But collegians today will face many of the:
- 67% of professors who approve of homosexuality;
- 84% who condone abortion;
- 65% who embrace socialist and communist ideals.
The results of four years' exposure to these teachers are staggering. Recent research reveals that 91% of students from evangelical churches no longer believe in absolute moral truth. Even the Southern Baptist Convention found that 88% of young people from SBC homes slip away from the faith before they graduate from college.
Most students say they did not learn enough Bible content growing up to enable them to make biblical life decisions, let alone defend a Christian worldview in the face of vicious opposition. This book provides worldview expert and best-selling author Brannon Howse's briefing notes to prepare you for the worldview battle that takes place at the university of humanism-whichever one you attend. You will be ready to contend and not bend on topics like:
- Why evil and injustice do not negate the reality of a good God;
- Why the Bible can be trusted;
- Why Darwinian evolution is a lie;
- The liberal myth of "separation of church and state";
- The authenticity of Jesus' resurrection;
- What the fossil record really reveals;
- The myth of global warming;
- How dramatically crime would increase if guns were outlawed;
- And more!
So take Brannon's notes to heart-and mind. The Christian life you save may be your own!
Topics covered in this book:
- Just Being Sorry Does Not Make You Saved
- Secular Humanism is a Religion
- Ten Hallmarks of a True Convert of Jesus Christ
- Judging Rightly Is Okay
- Religion and Law Go Hand in Hand
- Good Reason to Believe God Exists
- People Aren't Good by Nature
- A Racists Founded Planned Parenthood
- Doctrine is Not Boring by a Strong Mooring
- Education: The Humanist's First Priority
- The Deadliest Worldview: Christianity or Secular Humanism?
- As Our Founders Intended, Religion Should Be Kept Away from Public Life
- The American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) Exists to Protect America's Fundamental Freedoms
- The "Separation of Church and State" Is Required by the U.S. Constitution.
- At the Heart of Liberty Is the Right of Every Person to Define His or Her Own Meaning of Right and Wrong.
- The Myth of Global Warming
- Fossil, Fossil, Who's Got the Fossil?
- Alfred Kinsey and the Real Source of America's "Sexual Freedom"
- Socialism Is the Fairest Possible Economic System
- The Secular Left Is "Neutral" and Has No Religious Agenda
- State Sponsored Gambling Is Good for the Economy and Harms No One?
- Why the Ten Commandments Still Matter
- Preying on the National Flock: Lawyers in Judge's Clothing
- There Is an Objective Basis for Law
- What Sets the Bible Apart?
- God's Plan for Good Government
- It's the Economy of the Bible, Stupid
- Why Not Everyone Goes to Heaven